
Built 1956. Demolished c2015.
Continue reading “Basich Home, 3901 McCord Rd.”Indie Local History

Originally the Picadilly Lounge (1965). Aloha Supper Club (1967). Abde’s Steak House (1969). The Oak Room [event space] (1970). Don Dor Antiques (1971). Carmel’s Mexican Restaurant opened here in 1975.
Continue reading “Carmel’s Mexican Restaurant, 2947 Tremainsville Rd.”
The home of William and Audrey Skinner from c1954-1965. Was a rental for a few years. Demolished c1970 to make way for Brown Pontiac.
Continue reading “Skinner Home, 5635 W. Central Ave.”
Opened in 1987 on the northeast corner of Flanders Road and Monroe Street. Became a Ralphie’s in c1995 and Sakura Japanese Steakhouse in 2007-present.
Continue reading “Frisch’s Big Boy, 5294 Monroe St.”
This business was located where Brown Pontiac once stood and where the new Brown Honda is now (2026) located.
Continue reading “Star Door & Supply Co., 5669 W. Central Ave.”
Opened 1948. Demolished c2002. Currently Mattress Firm.
Continue reading “Garden Inn & Motel, 5290 Monroe St.”
Opened c1970. Later became Holland House (1975 -1984), which was previously located on Holland-Sylvania Road. Was Hong Kong Restaurant (1984-1988). Was demolished to make way for Kistler Ford Truck Center. Currently ProMedica property.
Continue reading “Lums, 5551 W. Central Ave.”