3001 N. Reynolds Rd.
Opened c1950s. Owned by Earl and Ila Shuler. Was located on the west side of Reynolds Road just south of Central Avenue. Later became Imperial Plaza c1970s.Continue reading “Rambler Motel”
Opened c1957. Closed c1968. Owned and operated by E.H. Bernard and Beulagh W. Bernard.
Later became pre-schools, Rebecca’s Playhouse (c1981 -c2002) and Rising Stars Academy (c2007-c2020).
Dawn Motel was located at the northwest corner of Central Avenue and Plainview Drive (when Plainview ended at Central). Dawn Motel opened in 1960 and was owned by John Tamodrian. Later named Dawn Apartments (c1987). Demolished before 1998.Continue reading “Dawn Motel – 6420 W. Central Ave.”
Built c1959. Closed c2003. Demolished c2004.
“Plantation Motel, 5 miles west of Toledo on U.S. 23 – U.S. 223 and U.S. 184, 23 Air conditioned units. Spacious rooms, Free TV – telephones, Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, Individually controlled hot-water heat.” – Postcard
Central Motel, 6636 W. Central Ave (at Zone Ave.). Sold April 1988. Demolished. Replaced with First National Bank. Changed to Fifth Third Bank 1996. Demolished 2008. Replaced with Walgreens (demolished 2017-18). Replaced with Chick Fil-A.
Was located on the southeast corner of Central Avenue and Moffat Rd. Later named Northern Keys Motel (1956). Demolished late ’70s/early ’80s. Site status: Brown Honda.
“Beautiful Sylvan Motel, 11 ultra-modern units. Soundproof, fireproof, private showers, central heat. Permastone buildings. AAA approved Motel. Excellent new restaurant adjacent, serving fine foods. Phone LU 2-3296. Three miles west of Toledo, Ohio, on Route U.S. 20 and Ohio 120.”