“The small building off Central Avenue formerly known as Ray’s Barber Shop. (6212 W. Central Avenue) down on the ”Old Central Avenue” which was renamed to Mortemore Drive was used by Ralph VanGlahn, when he was the Justice of Peace of Sylvania Township. and is where he used to hold his “Justice of the Peace court.” He rented the small building from Lloyd Dewey from 1953 until 1956. On 5-2-1956 Raymond Hassen purchased the building and soon after started operating his barber shop here. Mr. Hasson operated his barber shop here until 2012 and sold the building to Stephen D. Taylor Family Properties on 5-2-2012. The small building still survives in 2013.” – from Gayleen Gindy’s amazing work, From Footpaths to Expressways and Beyond, Vol 4.
Ray’s Barber Shop was demolished between 2013 and 2015. The new Taylor Hyundai opened on this spot in July 2015.