Born on Oct. 4, 1928, Fenady graduated from the University of Toledo in his hometown, then worked as an actor with the Priscilla Beach Theatre in Plymouth, Massachusetts, and with Clare Tree Major’s National Classic Theatre in Pleasantville, New York, followed by a cross-country tour…read moreContinue reading “Andrew Fenady”
3114 Secor Rd.
Was located on the east side of Secor Road just north of Central Avenue in the old Haughton School.Continue reading “Toledo Pipe Organ Company”
Built c1942. Harry and Pearl McAninch owned the house at this time. It was purchased by the Hall family c1966. Was rented out into the ’90s. Demolished c2000. The house was located on a wide lot that included a U-shaped drive and single car detached garage to the left of the house. Now a parking lot owned by Taylor Cadillac.Continue reading “3132 Fairbanks Avenue”
6536 W Central Ave.
“Main,” on Central opened in 1976 and replaced the short lived Westside Auto Parts at the same location. The parts store was located on the north side of Central just past Wilford Drive, at the east end of the West Central Place plaza.Continue reading “Main Auto Parts & Paint”
6660 W. Central Ave.
Used car lot opened in November 1980 by Thaddeus Wegrzynowski (Ted Lee). Roach Motors (Bob Roach) and Budget Motors (Bob Schindler) also worked out of this location.Continue reading “Lee Motor Sales, Inc.”
726 N. Reynolds Rd.Continue reading “Bel Air Motel”
3541 Holland-Sylvania Rd.
Was located on the northwest corner of Blossman and Holland-Sylvania, next to Frontier Bar (later Driftwood Lounge).