This house was located between the Driftwood Lounge (Frontier Bar) and the railroad tracks (University Parks Trail). It was built c1945.Continue reading “3541 Holland-Sylvania Rd.”
Ralph Johnson house (1st owner). Built c1945. Demolished in the 1980’s. This house was the first house on the the east side of Fairbanks just north off Central Avenue.Continue reading “3128 Fairbanks Ave”
Former home of Carl and Helen Baker, and daughter Carla. Built c1945.Continue reading “3329 Fairbanks Avenue”
Demolished. Site currently parking for Taylor Cadillac.Continue reading “3137 Fairbanks Ave.”
Built in 1902. Located on the south side of Western Avenue, just east of Airport Hwy (formerly, Wayne St). Property backs up to Swan Creek, and Highland Park beyond that. This home became a duplex later with upper and lower units. A door to the upstairs unit was added to the front of the home. It appears a more recent stairway to the second floor unit was added to the back. In the winter months of the early 1970’s a huge snowman was built on the front lawn. It made the papers.Continue reading “1661 Western Avenue”
3244 Fairbanks Ave.
The house at 3244 Fairbanks (southeast corner of Fairbanks and Goodhue) used to sit on the south side of Central Avenue at present day Fairbanks, before the “Central Avenue Strip.” Fairbanks, on the south side of Central Avenue, didn’t exist at that time. Actually two houses were moved from that location and driven down Fairbanks and placed on prebuilt foundations. The other was the house now at 3243 Marsrow (southwest corner of Marsrow and Goodhue).