Sylvan Theatre (Sylvania), 5658 Main St. Owned and run in the 1940’s by Paul Pontuis. Managed by Richard Campbell for 16 years. Sylvan Theatre, 1941. Visible left of middle center. Right of center is the sign for the Town Theatre at 5681 Main, opened on April 14, 1940. (Courtesy of the Ohio History Connection) 10-25-1979 Sylvan Theatre sign visible right of center. Postcard.