The World Theatre opened in 1921. In the early ’30s it was managed by Burt Shoonmaker. The World Theatre closed in December of 1963. Sepia Enterprises bought, renovated and reopened the World Theatre as the Sepia Arts Theatre in 1971. Charles Corley was the president of Sepia Enterprises and Erskine Guyton, treasurer. The theatre was badly damaged by a fire in 1973 and demolished later in the ’70s.