Papenhagen Oldsmobile was owned by Ted Papenhagen. The first location was at 1137 Sylvania Avenue in the former Banham Oldsmobile dealership.
After leaving the military Ted Papenhagen started working at Banham Oldsmobile as a salesman in 1960. He rose through the ranks to become the new car sales manager, general manager, and eventually vice president of the company. Papenhagen purchased Banham Oldsmobile in 1971 and moved the business to a new building on Central Avenue in 1973. Papenhagen Oldsmobile was purchased by general manager Jim Yark in 1980. Yark had been employed with Papenhagen since 1973. The name change on the outside of the building didn’t happen until early 1983.Continue reading “Papenhagen Oldsmobile – 6019 W. Central Ave.”