
Built c1938. Demolished c1969. Other names associated with this property: Flynn, Sherman, Toledo Concrete.
Continue reading “Emmanuel Congregation of the Evangelical Church, 3690 Centennial Rd.”Indie Local History

Built c1938. Demolished c1969. Other names associated with this property: Flynn, Sherman, Toledo Concrete.
Continue reading “Emmanuel Congregation of the Evangelical Church, 3690 Centennial Rd.”
Built c1941. Records suggest this home was demolished in 1997. Other names associated with this address: Lemaitre, Schultz, Nightingale Realty.
Continue reading “Fry Home, 3127 Plainview Dr.”
Built in 1915 by the Pioch Company. This school sat on the southwest corner of Central Avenue and Moffat Road. It was the much smaller predeccessor to Central Elementary School which was built on the northeast corner of Central Avenue and King Road (opened in 1929). According to From Footpaths to Expressways (Vol. 8) by local author Gayleen Gindy, the schools first teacher was Irion Jacobs.
Continue reading “Central Avenue School, 6305 W. Central Avenue (aka Rt. 2. Box 198)”
Was located on the southeast corner of Sylvania Avenue and King Road. Currently the King Road Branch of the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library.
Continue reading “Lewis Home, 7461 W. Sylvania Ave.”
Central Elementary School, opened in 1929, was located on the northeast corner of Central Avenue and King Road. Central Elementary School closed in 2012 and was demolished in 2014. Currently Mercy Health Sylvania Medical Center Emergency Department.
Continue reading “Central Elementary School, 3124 King Rd.”
Later became National Camperland. Currently O’Reilly Auto Parts.
Continue reading “Hendrickson’s Sinclair, 7417 W. Central Ave.”
Built c1948. Later became Toledo Trust. Other names associated with this home: Sparks.
Continue reading “Werley Home, 5941 W. Central Ave.”
The Fallis home was located on the southeast corner of Sylvania and Holland-Sylvania.
Continue reading “Fallis Home, 5915 Sylvania Ave.”