3632 N. Detroit Ave.
The Rosemary Apartments (Sold 1983. Closed 2007. Demolished 2023) was built in 1930 and owned by Dolphus J. Marleau, who owned the D.J. Marleau Hardware Company (created 1889), once located at Collingwood and Detroit. The Rosemary Apartment building was named after D.J. Marleau’s granddaughter and was built on the south side of the Ottawa River. When the river was shifted (c1969) to make way for the new Lagrange to Central expressway section, and Phillips Road extension, the building was then located on the north side of the river.