The Melody Inn was located on the northeast corner of Central at Piero. Opened in the late ’40s. Closed December 1973. Structure was destroyed by fire March 1974. This was the second location of the Melody Inn. The first location was at 3535 Holland-Sylvania (NW corner of Holland-Sylvania and Blossman) in a building constructed in 1917 that would later become the Frontier Bar and Driftwood Lounge. Charles Scott was part owner of the Melody Inn from 1954 to 1965. In 1974 the Melody Inn was owned by William Pompili, alleged associate with organized crime figures from Detroit in the ’70s.